Thursday, July 12, 2012

IUI and 2WW

Friday morning was IUI time!! I was excited, nervous, happy, sad, impatient, and so many other things going in. DH went in 2 hours before I did for his semen sample.  It had to be "washed" so that's why he went in a couple of hours before me.  When they wash the sperm they just take the best out of the sample given, to insure sperm has a greater chance of fertilizing the egg. Post wash DH had sperm count of 11 million!! RE informed me that was good and anything over 5 million is acceptable.  RE was excited to see egg white cervical mucus, which is a sign of ovulation coming, since Clomid is known for drying it up.  You just basically lay down as if you're getting a pap smear. The most annoying part was getting the speculum in and having it stay there for minutes.  The catheter hurt a little since it does have to go through cervix into uterus.  The coolest part and kinda weird was watching it through the ultrasound.  Actually got to see DH sperm being injected....during that time I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life!  For the most part it was easy, didn't take long and painless.  I was allowed to lay on table for 5-7mins after.  I was told I might has slight cramping and a little spotting, but neither should last more than a day or two.  I had both.  Cramping only lasted for a few hours, while my spotting continued into the next afternoon getting lighter until it stopped then.  I relaxed well and just tried to not think about it since.  I did go to work on Sunday night, so I had a couple of days of just cooling it lol.  I go in 7 days after IUI(which is Friday July 13) for yet more bloodwork.  This is to check my progesterone levels, to see if I ovulated, and to make sure I don't need a supplement.  You need a good level  of progesterone to sustain a pregnancy.  Good thing is my teenage nephews are visiting for a few weeks, so they'll keep me occupied and off of goggle lol.  Technology is the best and worse thing invented. I keep telling myself not to look up everything....instead I pray and keep my faith.  In my mind this worked and I'm just 9 months away from holding my mini DH lol.  A girl can dream right?!  Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment